Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 5: Almost Happiness


Needs a remix. I'm mixing on earbuds. Good earbuds, mind you, but even so...
Inspired by early 80s English ska bands like Beat, The Specials, The Selecter; both in style and in content. I thought it odd that many of those bouncy dance tuned were really depressing if you listened to the words.
I am supposed to be resting my voice after blowing it out about three weeks ago. I foolishly tried to sing "Lola", and did so without restraint. As a result I truly injured my voice. It still feels like I'm singing through a fuzzbox and my pitch accuracy is wretched.
I haven't actually played bass yet - the first two tunes I'm just using synth.
And I'm tapping in the noted on the computer keyboard. The setup is still chaotic enough that I haven't got around to plugging in a keyboard.

Yes, you song a day cohorts with your studios and organization and discipline and workflow - I hate you deeply.

In case it isn't clear, the song is about being in love with a singer, who the subject will never know, but he believes he does because her voice speaks to him so clearly it's like she's there in the room with him.
It's a metaphor for the conflict and uncertainty in Russia following the reelection of Vladimir Putin.
No it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment